E-Flite Twin Otter RC Plane, BNF Basic w/Floats EFL300500
SKU code: 800002258
or 4 payments of $99.75 with InfoIn Stock
- Scale replica of the STOL (Short Take Off and Landing) capable cargo and passenger carrying utility aircraft
- Easy to take off, fly and land, making it a perfect choice for a first twin-powered model
- Functional features including LED navigation and landing lights plus operational flaps
- Scale details including molded-in panel lines, corrugated control surfaces and more
- High-power brushless power systems with striped 3-blade counter-rotating props
- A single 3S 2200–3200mAh battery delivers excellent power and long flight times
- Spektrum™ AR631 6-channel receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- 5-Channel control with six (6) factory-installed servos and linkages
- Tricycle landing gear with steerable nose wheel for easy ground handling
- Includes matching optional-use floats with steerable rudder for flying from water
- Conveniently sized so it can be flown at soccer fields, large parks and in other suitable areas
- Easy to install/remove one-piece composite-reinforced wing with thumbscrew and snap-in struts
- Magnetically-secured top hatch for quick and easy access to the battery compartment
- Lightweight and extremely durable composite-reinforced EPO airframe
- Fast and easy assembly, no glue required
Versatile and Capable Scale Civilian
The DHC-6 Twin Otter was manufactured by de Havilland Canada in 1965 in response to demand for a rugged STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing) commuter aircraft. The DHC-6 Twin Otter carried passengers and freight into rugged places like the sub-zero Antarctic and hot North African desert. The production line was closed in 1988, after producing 844 aircraft. Viking Air Limited, British Columbia, Canada purchased the Type Certificates for all out-of-production de Havilland aircraft in 2005 and announced the Viking Series 400 Twin Otter Production Program two years later. By mid-2015 Viking had delivered 75 new aircraft and re-established the Twin Otter as a successful commuter airliner — whilst nearly 500 of the original Canadian-produced aircraft also remained in operation. The E-flite Twin Otter 1.2m is a scale replica that makes the perfect first twin-powered model for intermediate to experienced RC pilots. It’s versatile, easy to fly, and is fitted with functional features that include LED navigation and landing lights, flaps, and provision for optional-use (included) floats.
The Perfect First Twin RC Plane
For RC pilots who want a great first (or next) twin model, there’s no better choice than the E-flite Twin Otter 1.2m. It delivers exciting “bush plane” scale looks and performance along with the inherent stability of a high-wing design, and the scale large fin/rudder makes for great twin-engine performance. The convenient size of the Twin Otter means you can transport it fully assembled in most vehicles for flying at a wide variety of locations with paved, grass, or packed dirt surfaces, such as large parks, sports fields, and RC flying fields. The fun doesn’t stop there, though — remove the tricycle landing gear, install the provided floats, and now you’re ready to go and fly from large ponds or small lakes. Having two landing gear options included in the box only adds to this model’s outstanding value. Together with the moulded-in panel lines, corrugated control surfaces, and a scale-inspired trim scheme, the E-flite DHC-6 Twin Otter comes with many functional features including operational flaps, LED navigation and landing lights, and props finished with black and white stripes that look awesome whether spinning or standing still. The Twin Otter 1.2m scale plane offers a truly amazing flying experience that a wide range of pilots will love.
The factory-installed power systems feature high-power brushless outrunner motors equipped with three-blade counter-rotating propellers. The ESCs are wired so they can be powered with a single 3S 2200-3200mAh battery to deliver better-than-scale power and long flight times of up to 10+ minutes.
Versatile Gear Options
Equipped with tricycle landing gear that includes a steerable nose wheel, the Twin Otter offers excellent ground handling and can be flown from paved, grass or dirt surfaces. You can also fly from water using the included float set — it matches the trim scheme and features a water rudder for superb steering control. Both gear options are easy to install and can be swapped out in minutes.
The realistic-looking LED landing and navigation lights are factory-installed and powered from the flight battery. Operational flaps offer improved slow-flight capability and performance while also making it possible to take off and land in shorter distances and at slower speeds.
Construction with molded EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex details and shapes in a lightweight yet durable form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that’s easy to maintain and delivers the best flight experience possible.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes it feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It’s also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Programming Required
The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
What's in the Box?
(1) E-flite Twin Otter 1.2m with:
(2) 20A Brushless ESC (installed)
(2) Brushless Motor (installed)
(6) Sub-Micro 9-gram Servo (installed)
(1) Spektrum AR636 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
(1) Product Manual
- Full-range 6+ channel Spektrum DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 3S 11.1V 2200–3200mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
- Charger Sold Separately
- Minimum Required Radio 5-channel
- Airfoil Shape Semi-symmetrical
- Motor Size 2210-1350Kv
- Recommended Motor Battery 3S 11.1V 2200-3200mAh LiPo with EC3 or IC3 connector
- Flaps Yes
- Approximate Assembly Time 1 - 3 hours
- Completion Level Bind-N-Fly Basic
- Product Length 36.75" (933 mm)
- Product Weight 37 - 39.5oz (1049 - 1118g)
- Battery Sold Separately
- Wing Loading 20-21.5 oz/sq ft
- Approximate Flight Time 6 - 8 minutes with 3S 2200mAh battery
- Motor Type Brushless
- Power Type Electric
- Speed Control Included
- Wingspan 48" (1219 mm)
- CG (Center of Gravity) 1.8" +/- 0.20" (45mm +/-5mm) from leading edge of wing measured at fuselage
- Propeller Size 7" (178 mm)
- Servos Included
- Material Foam
- Receiver Included
- Flying Weight 251-2000g
- Landing Gear Prebent wire, tricycle configuration
- Radio Sold Separately
- Steering Steerable nose wheel
- Technology AS3X and SAFE
- Trim Scheme Colors White, light and dark blue, and black
- Wing Area 264 sq in (17 sq dm)
or 4 payments of $499.75 with Info
or 4 payments of $121.25 with Info
or 4 payments of $11.25 with Info
More From This Category
or 4 payments of $121.25 with Info