HBZ3200 Hobbyzone Carbon Cub S+ RC Plane, 1.3m, RTF Mode 2
Make 4 interest-free payments of $131.25 fortnightly and receive your order now.Sold Out
It doesn’t matter if you’re brand new to the hobby, or, an enthusiast looking for a fixed wing flyer with some drone technology on board – the Hobbyzone Carbon Cub S+ is capable, versatile and easy to fly RC plane. With GPS enabled drone technology, and, the exclusive SAFE Plus on board - the Carbon Cub S+ is a great combination for any level of flyer.
- Experienced, Intermediate and Beginner flight modes
- Fully painted, highly detailed scale trim scheme on the durable EPO airframe
- DSMX Flight Controller and Receiver by Spektrum
- 2.4GHz DXe Transmitter from Spektrum
- Take off or land on smooth or rough surfaces with oversized tundra tyres
- Take off/land on water with optional floats (HBZ7390)
- SAFE Plus GPS enabled drone technology exclusive to the Carbon Cub S+
- 3S 1300mAh 11.1V 20C LiPo battery from E-flite
- AC Adapter and DC Charger from E-flite
- Achieve shorter take-offs and landings with optional flaps (7+ channel programmable TX required)
- Virtual Fence, Auto Land and Holding Pattern functions
The HobbyZone Carbon Cub S+, fly with confidence
The Carbon Cub S+ represents a completely overhauled and modernised version of the timeless Super Cub. This scale reproduction RTF RC plane is just as easy to learn to fly on as its predecessor with additional features like Horizon Hobby’s own innovative SAFE Plus GPS enabled drone technology which provides more stability and control whilst in flight. The Carbon Cub S+ makes it easier for first-time flyers with advanced flight functions including Virtual Fence, Holding Pattern and Auto Land. The optional floats and flaps combined with the oversized tundra tyres give your Carbon Cub S+ the capability to fly/land just about anywhere.
Adjust your mode to suit your skill level
The loss of orientation and subsequent crashes caused by over control are prevented with bank angle and pitch limits in Beginner mode. Takeoffs are made that much simpler as you need only give full throttle and the Carbon Cub S+ will fly off the ground or via a simple hand launch. In the event that you lose control of your Carbon Cub S+ release the control sticks and your airplane will automatically return to a level flight pattern with under the control of SAFE Plus technology.
The pitch and bank angle limits in intermediate mode allow for more freedom but also act as boundaries in case of over control. Pilot flight control increases as your skills advance allowing for faster climbs and descents and an engaged intermediate mode also means your HobbyZone Carbon Cub S+ won’t return to level flight on its own if you release the sticks. If you get in trouble and drop below an altitude of 30 feet, Beginner Mode will engage and you can achieve level flight by releasing the sticks.
Obviously, there are no bank angle or pitch limits and you have full control in Experienced mode. The Carbon Cub S+ will perform rolls, loops, stall turns and even fly inverted. If you get into trouble just engage Beginner Mode and release the sticks.
SAFE functions assist your flight
This feature allows you to ‘pause’ a flight by putting your Carbon Cub S+ into a GPS determined holding pattern and is exclusive to the Horizon Hobby SAFE Plus system. When activated Holding Pattern will direct your airplane to automatically return to position and circle above your GPS initialisation point until you cancel that command and take over control of the aircraft. This is especially handy if you lose sight of your aircraft, or, are handing control over to a friend to have a fly.
When you are first starting out in RC flying the tendency to look down at what your fingers are doing is a strong one. This can also lead to your airplane travelling further away from you than is practical. With Virtual Fence you can set an invisible distance based boundary around your Carbon Cub S+ that will turn it around once it reaches the pre-set limit and it will return to your GPS initialisation point. Once you have your bearings again you’ll get a wag of the wings to indicate that you have resumed control.
The advanced Auto Land function can be activated by holding down a button. This will put your Carbon Cub S+ on an autonomous and stabilised approach to your GPS initialisation point where it will land. If needed you can also provide some obstacle avoiding directional guidance, or, adjust the approach and let Auto Land handle the rest. You will naturally become less reliant on this function as your skills progress.
Nothing! Everything you need is included in the box.
- Wingspan 1300mm (51.0 inches)
- Overall Length 865mm (34.0 inches)
- Flying Weight 36.1 - 37.9 oz (1023 - 1075 grams)
- Motor Size 480 Brushless Motor 960kV
- Radio 4 channel or higher
- CG (center of gravity) 62-68mm back from leading edge of wing @ root
- Prop Size 9 x 6
- Speed Control 18 amp brushless ESC
- Recommended Battery 1300mAh 3 cell lipo (included)
- Flaps Optional
- Approx. Assembly Time 5-7 min
- Recommended Environment Outdoor
- Assembly Time Less than 1 Hour
- Is Assembly Required Yes
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other RC Crew users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.