This R/C model assembly kit recreates the classic Volkswagen Beetle in rally racing form. Thanks to its superlative reliability and uncomplicated upkeep, it was a fixture on the global rally circuit from the 1950s through to the 1980s, and this model is inspired by such rallying Beetles. The VW body sits atop Tamiya’s proven shaft-driven 4WD MF-01X chassis, which is at home on a range of surfaces from road to flat dirt.
• 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 397mm, width: 163mm.
• The model uses the 239mm L wheelbase.
• Body is made of polycarbonate. Bumpers and side mirrors are recreated using separate metal-plated parts.
• Front light pods and rally-style stickers included.
• Includes Rally block tires.
• The MF-01X is at home on-road or on flat dirt, thanks to 4-wheel double wishbone suspension.
• Power from the rear mounted motor is transmitted by gear differential to the rear wheels, and via a propeller shaft to the front.
• The chassis can be assembled into S and M wheelbases using separately sold propeller shafts.
• A host of Hop-Up Option parts are available to tune the MF-01X chassis.
• Includes Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC (electronic speed control) Capable of running sensor-based brushless motors and brushed motors alike. (21.5 Turn BL motor limit) (23 Turn brushed motor limit)
• Requires: 2-channel radio, steering servo, 7.2volt battery & battery charger, and Tamiya PS Paint.
Adjustable Gear Ratio Yes
Bearings Plastic bushing
Body Material Polycarbonate
Body Stickers Included
Chassis Material ABS Plastic
Chassis Type MX-01
Construction Type Assembly Kit
Differential Type Gear
Drive Type 4WD
Electronic Speed Control (esc) Included
Motor Brushed 540 Type
Requires A 2-channel radio, steering servo, 7.2volt battery & battery charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
Shock Damper Friction type
Suspension Fully Independent Double Wishbone
Terrain Use Multi-Purpose